Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Superman - Work in Progress

Lately I haven't been posting daily drawings as often as I would like. You will definitely see them soon, I promise they exist!

Its a bird, it's a plane, it's a Superman drawing! I must admit I am a fan of the blue guy. Some people might not be able to relate to him but I think he's the bee's knees. For me Superman reminds me of everything I loved in comics when I was a kid. I was not a fan of the new film sadly. I'm too tired to give a dissertation on why Superman is awesome and everything that is wrong with the new film. Maybe I will include that when I post the final.

For this drawing I wanted to focus on the technical skills as well as the fantastical elements of Metropolis. The man of tomorrow deserves a city of tomorrow. I wanted it to look like a place that you would want to explore, a place with hints of futuristic technology, a place where you could feel safe from giant sub-woofer terraforming machines of death.  I will tighten the pencil lines and ink later, so be on the look out for the final!


No comments:

Post a Comment