Monday, October 24, 2016

Inktober Day 21 - Thanos

Gradually catching up! So this is Thanos, he is pretty much the ultimate villain in the Marvel Universe. I say this because of the weapon he is known for wielding, The Infinity Gauntlet. The Gauntlet is made up of Infinity Gems, basically the doomsday items in all the Marvel movies. When these Gems are put together in the form of the Gauntlet, the user basically wields the power of a god. If you are interested in Thanos or the Gauntlet I suggest reading "The Infinity Gauntlet" saga or just wait for the next Avengers film.

As for the illustration, I really enjoyed using the sable brush on this. I tried something new today, instead of dipping my brush into the ink well, I poured out the ink in to a shallow bowl. Turns out I was picking up way too much ink and it was hard to control my line quality. Now I can see how much ink I am picking up. I decided to just ink in the background and leave his body without any shading so I could look at my lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment