Sunday, October 9, 2016

Inktober Day 8 - More Cowbell

Here is a drawing that I have been working up for the past few days. It is based on the Saturday Night Live skit about the Blue Oyster Cult. Will Ferrell is playing the cowbell obnoxiously as the others try and record "(Don't Fear) The Reaper". It's a classic and I love to watch it to see everyone try and keep in character as the skit gets crazier. The word of the day was "rock". My first thought was to draw The Thing, then Dwayne The Rock Johnson, then I started to think about classic rock.

For this drawing I stuck with my brush. I worked all day on a oil painting so I think my lines came out more loose and I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I tried to get everyone's personality into the drawing and I can say that at least I can tell who is who haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment