Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Inktober Day 23 - Speed Demons

This illustration depicts one of my favorite episodes from Superman: The Animated Series. The episode is titled "Speed Demons" and is about Superman and The Flash competing in a charity round the world race. This was one of the first episodes that brought in another hero from the DC Comics Universe. In my opinion Superman: The Animated Series is the definitive version of Superman for me and one of my favorite memories from childhood. I have just finished season 2 of CW's The Flash and I was wanting to draw Barry Allen aka The Flash.

I had to bring out my copy of The Human Figure in Motion by Muybridge for this illustration. I get really frustrated when I draw people running and it helps to have some photos to look at. Additionally I am not so sure I am happy with the drawing as a whole, but I am falling behind!


No comments:

Post a Comment