Monday, December 2, 2013

Birds of Prey - Page 3

I'm back to work after a delicious Thanksgiving break. I spent some time over the break and realized that I need to update my comic book page portfolio so that I can submit my work to publishers. Sequential art examples are most important, maybe even the only thing that publishers look at if you are trying to break into the comic book industry. Because of this is it always important to have a good representation of your current skill level.

With that being said, this week I will be hitting the pages hard and trying to create as many as I can. This means that I will not be doing my usual character drawings this week. My goal is to send in portfolio packets to publishers in a week or two.

The first page I have created is from Birds of Prey Issue #74 (a previously published comic). In the story the Black Canary and the Huntress disguise themselves as Gotham goons in order to bust a Henchmen Union meeting. The Black Canary is wearing a Penguin henchman outfit and the Huntress is wearing a Riddler Goon suit, I know it's confusing. I kept smudging my eraser...




No comments:

Post a Comment