Friday, January 10, 2014

Iron Man - First sketch of the New Year

My first sketch of the New Year, Iron Man! I'm fresh off winter break and I have been dying to draw some characters. I have been practicing my inking skills and it feels good to finally put the brush to the paper. Its always fun when I draw Iron Man. I like the freedom to experiment with his armor and think about how it forms over the figure. Its also fun to think about all the little compartments and what might be in them.

When I started inking this drawing it was morning and I had just drank coffee. Not a good idea when you are trying to get really delicate lines with a brush. I am using a cheap #6 sable brush to ink. Because the figure is in somewhat of a rigid pose I wanted to add a little bit more interest, so I added a background. In the past when I have done this I have noticed that I lose the figure in trying to put too much detail in the background. To combat this I tried to minimize the background detail and create contrast with the figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment