Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Winter Break

Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a great holiday! Mine was very relaxing, though a lot of it was spent studying. I received many awesome books for Christmas that will help me out with my drawings and paintings. I even received a digital painting issue of Imagine FX so I became a little side tracked and dabbled into the world of digital painting (more on that in another post).




Mostly I was happy to have time to study my figure drawings. Drawing is like anything else, you have to constantly go back to the basics to make sure that you are not forgetting anything.This means for me that I have to make sure that I am creating new and interesting poses. I am also drawing from life when I can. This allows me to pick up on the little nuances that make the human body look three dimensional.




Also I have received comments from bloggers and even professional artist that my figures are tending to be a bit rigid. So gesture drawings are really helping me to loosen up and make mistakes. The idea was to find something that I was weak at and do it 100 times or more. Alot of these were taken from Muybridge's, The Human Figure In Motion. I highly recommend it as a drawing source and to study movement. Be on the look out for new drawings coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment